Do you know what this is? THIS is my last Spring's dream coming so much closer to fruition! It has been quite the journey so far... when I first decided that I wanted to do a line of handpainted maxi skirts, I thought I would be able to have them launched within just a few months. But once I started trying to find what I had in mind in blank/raw form, I realized it wasn't going to be so simple. My next step was to find the fabric I wanted to use and then make my own, but I quickly realized that too wasn't as simple as I was hoping.
And then, along came the magical and wonderful Natalie of Hungry Hippie, seamstress extraordinaire! She joyfully took my giant bag of fabric and my one prototypes - (remember this guy?) - and brought it all back in the form of 7 delicious skirts!
So as I was strategizing how exactly to paint them, photograph them, launch them, etc., I decided that I am going to approach this collection a bit differently than I have with my other silk work.
Being that it isn't realistic to have these skirts made in mass quantities, I am going to release small, individual collections in the Spring and Fall. If it goes well, next year I will do Spring, Summer and Fall, adding the sheer silk skirts to the collection as well.
Some info on the pieces!
- The skirts will be painted in 3-4 different designs using 2-3 different color schemes in an effort to keep the collection cohesive.
- The skirts are wrap style, so will fit nearly all sizes and can be worn in a silly amount of different ways!
- Most are floor length, but a couple are tea length, and one is built especially for a left-handed tie.
- The fabric is a bamboo/rayon blend, extremely soft, and hangs beautifully.
- They wrinkle up easily when crumpled, but smooth out very easily as well.
- Some have a soft and tiny fringe on some edges, giving beautiful texture.
- This fabric is very strong when dry, and very delicate when wet. It must be handwashed in cool water with a small amount of gentle, colorless detergent.
- The color/paint will not wash out, it is heat set and becomes permanent during the creating process.
In celebration of launch day, I will be having a 20% off everything in the Etsy shop as well!
The timing for the Spring Collection is going to coincide with the local Mayfair Bazaar the first weekend in May, so the launch will be an in-person event, and any skirts that are not sold at the Bazaar will then be available on the website following the event.
I can't even tell you how excited I am about this, I feel like I've been working on this forever!
If you have any questions about the skirts, the launch, or the Mayfair Bazaar, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Enjoy discount codes , first looks at new designs , specials and other fabulousness!
Free Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/IXstf