Sunday, September 14, 2014

Artemis, Liverpool and Conwy, Wales!

So my amazing cancer-beating friend Artemis booked a last minute adventure to England, and we had a fabulous time!  She took the reigns on planning, booking and deciding what we were going to see and I skipped along for the ride!

We spent her first week here exploring the local area - I took her to Ely, La Hogue, London and she also spent the night in London exploring on her own.  

Sunset on our first evening in Liverpool
The second week, we hopped on the train to Liverpool to explore The Beatles Story and the hometown of the Titanic. 

Liverpool Waterfront

Liverpool Waterfront at night
Liverpool is a beautiful mix of old and new, the architecture is blended beautifully and the waterfront is very well planned and the central district is wonderful to explore.  Artemis found us an amazing apartment that was right in the center of it all on the waterfront, which was a great hub to explore from.  We ate amazing food, found beautiful treasures, and learned more about The Beatles than I even thought I wanted to know. 


I particularly loved the section about John Lennon, him being my favorite and all  :)

We also explored the village of Port Sunlight outside of Liverpool, which was a village created by the Lever Soap President to house his workers and their families.  It was beautiful, with expansive gardens and the old houses are still very intact and lived in.  It was super interesting and very chill :) 

In the Port Sunlight Museum

A rad flower that I have never seen before!

The Dell at Port Sunlight
After two nights in Liverpool, we hopped on the train to Llandudno Junction, Wales. 

**Traveler Tip: If you are catching a train out of Liverpool and your itinerary tells you to depart at Liverpool Central Station, IT IS LIES.  You cannot print your tickets at Central Station, you must go to Liverpool Lime Street Station.  It's only a couple blocks away, but we missed our train due to the snafu and the cranky woman at the Central Station counter.  We caught a slightly later train and all worked out fine, but be aware!**

Welsh Coast
Chugging through Wales was beautiful as usual, and we got to follow the coast line for a ways which was fabulous.  When we arrived at the village we were staying in, our super helpful and kind host picked us up from the train station and gave us a quick tour of the walled castle town before taking us to the ridiculously huge and awesome house that Artemis booked for us. 

The epic view from our place in Llandudno Junction
I had no idea where we were going before the trip started, all I knew was that we were going to Snowdonia which I already knew to be epic.  But this town, my god.  The castle is still standing, the walls still surround the town, and the views are unbelievable. 

The view from the King's Tower of Conwy Castle
We spent the whole second day climbing around the castle and exploring the town.  I don't think I've ever said 'unbelievable' more times in a day.  The views from the tops of the castle towers were seriously incredible.  It was a tear-jerker moment for me. 

I love Wales.  So hard.  Everyone calls you 'love', pronounced 'lowv' and I love it.  It is so beautiful, the food is amazing, everyone is so lovey and lovely, and I'm pretty sure Wales and Scotland are two places that I could spend my golden years very happily.

The beginning of the journey of the blue boots!
It was a quick trip but so wonderful! Thank you Artemis, for everything, and for making the journey! <3

Now I am a month out from the Lakenheath Holiday Bazaar, so the crack down in the studio is in full force!

There will be beautiful silk ornaments, tiny paintings, prints, ponchos, skirts, scarves, pillows and more! I can't wait to see your lovely faces there!

With love,


Emily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment