Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to Seattle

Well after 20 hours of flying, 2 layovers, delicious American airport lunch of Auntie Anne's pretzels and Jamba Juice, a cuddle puddle with my seatmates and watching people on Valium, and being greeted by the sunset over Mt. Rainier in all its glory... I came into the Seattle airport to find my love Amy holding a bag of delicious Qdoba. Oh, it is good to be home :)
On our last night in Dublin, we drank copious amounts of whiskey, and ate two large baskets of chips (fries) dipped in ketchup and mayo. My alarm didn't go off in the morning, and it was pure choas when Chris called and woke me up 40 minutes before we had to be headed to the airport. We were all still slightly intoxicated, and relfecting on the tears the night before. A combination of excitement to get home, and sadness to leave what were weren't ready to leave yet. After our initial arrival on U.S. soil from a 7 hour flight, I led a small yoga session in the Newark airport to help us handle our journey for the rest of the day. Then it was off to Houston, and then finally home to Seattle. Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/enger.emily
It has been an amazing summer... so much has changed in such a short period of time. Where do I begin... the Ph.D. is no longer the goal, I've had yet more confirmation that I'm not meant to be in a relationship... maybe ever. I'm already plotting my next travel destination, and I am more grateful for the loves in my life than I can even begin to describe. December's graduation will come on the most welcome chariot that I have ever received, and then a whole new adventure begins. I absolutely cannot wait. With the rate of ascension my happiness and joy has taken in life, I suspect that by the time I'm 50 I could possibly just keel over from ecstasy.

With all the love and gratitude possible,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment