Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's My One Year (Etsy) Anniversary!

On September 7th of last year, I officially opened my Etsy shop for business.  I had my first order within a few hours, and it has been steadily growing since.  I noticed a few days ago that I was getting close to 100 sales in the shop, and I thought it would be really rad if I hit 100 sales on my 1-year anniversary.  But I didn't think it would actually happen.  Lo and behold, I wake up this morning to my 100th sale.  What a lovely way to celebrate! :)

Thank you, Etsy, for providing such a magnificent platform for those of us that wish to create our own paths in life.  The feeling of freedom and accomplishment compares to nothing else I have done career-wise and I am forever grateful. 

Today was also Saturday, which happens to be my favorite day of the week for creating!  It just feels like there are more hours in Saturdays... so I like to maximize them of course :) Today I finished this painting,
painted two Antelope Canyon pillows for a customer in Texas, 
 painted this custom peony pillow for a fellow overseas customer,
AND sewed up another maxi skirt prototype, which has turned out to be the best one yet.  I think the wrap style is going to be my go-to for this project.  Full, flexible, easier to stretch and paint, the list goes on.  Pictures of the result soon!

Thank you to everyone who has made this first year of love art will travel possible for me.  The customers, the followers, the supporters, the muses, the loves.  It all is just so splendiferous. It makes me feel like this (minus the two people becoming one part...you don't make me feel like that):


No comments:

Post a Comment