Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Skirt Photo Shoot!!

It is all happening!  Saturday was a magical day, full of gorgeous sunny weather, beautiful and generous friends, and what I feel is a delicious milestone in my adventure as an artist.  I feel like I have been waiting forever to have such a thing to share with you!  A ridiculously massive thank you to Amanda Webb of Footsteps Photography for bring my vision to fruition, and to my two gorgeous models, Lisa and Lauren for making this skirts look even more amazing than I had imagined.  

Without further adieu, I present to you the Spring 2014 Collection of Handpainted Skirts by Emily Magone (that's me!).  Wheeeeeee!!















Yeah.  I most definitely busted a tear when I saw how amazing these turned out.  For those that missed the last update about them, here is the info for those of you who are interested in snagging these one of a kind pieces of wearable art!  

Being that it isn't realistic to have these skirts made in mass quantities, I am going to release small, individual collections in the Spring and Fall.  If it goes well, next year I will do Spring, Summer and Fall, adding the sheer silk skirts to the collection as well.

Some info on the pieces!
  • The skirts are wrap style, so will fit nearly all sizes and can be worn in a silly amount of different ways! I am in talks about a photo/video blurb that will demonstrate all of the ways to wear them as well!
  • Most are floor length, but a couple are tea length, and one is built especially for a left-handed tie.  
  • The fabric is a bamboo/rayon blend, extremely soft, and hangs beautifully.  
  • They wrinkle up easily when crumpled, but smooth out very easily as well.  
  • Some have a soft and tiny fringe on some edges, giving beautiful texture.
  • This fabric is very strong when dry, and very delicate when wet.  It must be handwashed in cool water with a small amount of gentle, colorless detergent.
  • The color/paint will not wash out, it is heat set and becomes permanent during the creating process.
  • Prices will vary from $165 to $195, depending on the length and design of the skirt.

In celebration of launch day, I will be having a 20% off everything in the Etsy shop as well!  

The timing for the Spring Collection is going to coincide with the local Mayfair Bazaar the first weekend in May, so the launch will be an in-person event, and any skirts that are not sold at the Bazaar will then be available on the website following the event.  


If you have any questions about the skirts, the launch, or the Mayfair Bazaar, please do not hesitate to email me at emilymagone@gmail.com!




Enjoy discount codes , first looks at new designs , specials and other fabulousness!
Free Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/IXstf

No comments:

Post a Comment